EWP provides advisory and execution services regarding mergers and acquisitions (“M&A”) to clients, assisting them to:
- Identify target companies, investors or strategic partners and acquirers;
- Manage negotiations between each of the parties involved in a merger or acquisition transaction; and
- Manage the risks associated with such transactions.
As an illustration, when EWP acts for a client seeking to sell a strategic stake in a corporate, the firm would typically:
- Advise on the transaction feasibility and timeframe.
- Design a sales and marketing strategy tailored to the client’s objectives and circumstances.
- Identify and contact suitable strategic and financial investors.
- Supervise the preparation of due diligence materials prepared by the client and its accounting/ legal advisers.
- Present the identified potential investors and the value of their offers to the client.
- Assist in negotiations with and release of information to interested parties.
- Support the finalisation of transaction documentation to a successful completion.
When a client approaches EWP for assistance with the acquisition of a strategic stake in a corporate, we would typically:
- Identify target companies which meet the client's investment criteria.
- Present the identified potential investments and approach to valuation.
- Identify the optimal approach strategy for selected targets.
- Co-ordinate the due diligence efforts of the client and its accounting/ legal advisors.
- Assist in the negotiation and finalisation of transaction documentation.